Shocking Statistics on Smoking
Smoking - a common sight in our society. Even though shunned by the
puritans as an evil and harmful habit, it acquires a considerable fan
following. Let us have a statistical overview of the various aspects
of this tantalizing art.
1. Smoking consumes the lungs of almost one-third of the
2. Out of the 15 billion cigarettes that become the leading
cause every day to promote lung cancer, 10 million get
sold every minute.
3. Head west to the Pacific region and you will find one in
three cigarettes getting consumed.
4. The Chinese market is known as one of the most profit-
making businesses all over the globe. It is followed by
the American, Japanese and British conglomerates.
5. Eight seconds can be precious if you are smoking for it
has been estimated that a person dies every 8 seconds
due to use of tobacco
6. One in 10 adults worldwide die because they smoke
because they never paid attention to what that warning
on a cigarette packet said. If you live till 2030, be sure
you wouldn't want to be one in six.
These are certainly some staggering figures. Shows how
largely spread the habit is and also that it kills!
IT'S EFFECT ON YOUTH POPULATION
1. Teens find it so cool that you will find one in the age
group of 13-15 out of 5 smokers spread across age
2. Advertising does have an influence on teens and in
South Asia, movies and superstars have had a big
3. If you are a chain smoker, then maybe you started it in
your teens because it is highly probably you belong to
50% of the chain smokers.
4. Kids trying to find room for themselves in their peer
groups are starting smoking and this number has gone
up to 3000 a day in the United States and this figure
remains at around 100,000 a day worldwide.
HEALTH EFFECTS OF SMOKING
1. You lose 11 minutes of your precious life every minute
you finish off with your last puff.
2. One simple cigarette can inhibit your blood supply to
your skin for more than an hour.
3. If you have pale skin and have developed wrinkles during your
youth, maybe you smoke because smoking reduces the levels of Vitamin A
and inhibits the blood supply to the skin.
4. Blood pressure can lead to heart attacks and smoking
increases blood pressure manifold.
5. Smokers might be with impotency for all their life for with every
smoke, the tendency of erectile dysfunction
6. It is possible for smokers to lose their sight.
7. If you thought that radioactive materials were the only
source of cancer, then you are absolutely right because
even cigarettes have their share of such materials -
polonium and lead.
8. If there is a future world war, maybe cigarettes might be
used for they have hydrogen cyanide which was used in
the Second World War as a chemical weapon.
9. More than 90% cases of lung cases reported every year
happen because they smoke.
10. One billion lives have already been claimed by smoking. The question is -
11. Do you want more?
Smoking kills - Believe it or not!
Lindsay is an anti-smoking advocate and expert. She has
helped hundreds of people quit smoking and improve
their lifestyle. "One of the best methods I use to help
people quit smoking is by using the latest and most
advanced smoking alternative devices. It works 90
percent of the time".